> Can you explain why you care about inline CSS? I’m not getting it.

As I get the basis of jewel and jewel theme working right, I want to start
creating blog examples with the code and I know, people out there that
wants to see if we are a option for their problems will look at the code we
produce. If they see lots of styles hardcoded, my presumption is that will
not had a good feeling about us and its one thing that can make us not be
elegible us their technology of choice. I want to avoid that.

> If find it much easier to understand inline CSS. It’s sometimes difficult
> to figure out what sets specific inline styles, but it’s also difficult
> sometimes to figure out what sets classes. Working through complex CSS
> style sheets and figuring out which sheet is setting what style and why is
> a *very* time consuming process. In my experience, style sheets makes
> debugging more difficult and not easier.

But that's where documentation comes in. If you see a clean html line where
a button tag has organized semantic class like "jewel button primary
vertical-layout", that's for me better than lots of styles there. Then in
docs you can see that vertical-layout stands for

.vertical-layout
{
    display: block;
}

for that's more clear. The html more leaner. Maybe as you point, the
performance is not as good as inline, but don't think that will be enough
to not consider all the benefits. In the end things goes to separate html
from css, so I think that's the principal pattern and browser devs has in
mind to get performant css.