Hi,

I must say that I was wrong in some part of my argumentation. I though the
problem was in UIBase setting up things like display:block, but after
looking at layout code since Harbs pointed me try to duplicate it by my
side I saw is the vertical layout what was setting the inline styles. For
that reason removing the display :block code I found in UIBase, doesn't
make effect (what makes me think what that code does really or if is dead
code, anyway something to look in the future).

So I tried to create my own layout in Jewel and only seeing what happen
commenting the part where the hardcoded is setup and change to a className
assignation.

As a test I put the following rule in jewel.css

.vertical-layout-padding-gap {
    display: block !important;
}

and that work right :).

To make paddings and gap I think the right way is to separate in different
rules one for the vertical layout and others for padding, gap, and so,
using cascading, maybe I should use pseudo-selectors like :before and
:after for first and last elements.

In the end since Harbs thinks inline is right, and I'm in the opposite
thinking. I can make my own layouts for Jewel.
It's like CSS. basics I discussed in other thread, I think I'll not
affected by that since although I'm extending basic, I'm using my own class
selectors and html structure.

If you're all right with this I think we can go this way.

Let me know what do you think

Thanks

Carlos