Hi Harbs

> No. Just referencing the Jewel TextPrompt would bring in the class. As
> long as the Basic swc is available, it’ll just work. Assuming any piece of
> Jewel uses Basic, I think Basic should be declared as a dependency by Jewel
> in Maven. With other build types, the swc should always be available. Only
> the actual class used should be imported into the app, so that’s not a
> problem.

I think this is our major point of disagreement. In my mind UI sets are
interchangeable pieces. When you start a royale App you choose one of them,
If you want to mix, you want to choose more of them, is your
responsibility. But doing the following tree: Core -> Basic -> Jewel, seems
strange to me since Jewel needs core pieces but no Basic pieces. If Jewel
need a piece that is now in Basic, most probably will be that piece is Core
or is not still elaborated in its final state to be a reusable piece. Other
scenarios more flexible and more suitable for me could be Core -> Jewel and
Core -> Basic, or Core -> Beads (and maybe other components that while are
not core are not of any concrete UI Set) and then Beads -> Basic and Beads
-> Jewel.

I as well talk various times of other technical advantages of separating UI
sets, for me one clear is that we'll be more confident that doing a new
major version will be very easy for us and as well our users will be glad
to not having to deal with a major update mixed with the actual code.
That's a huge benefit.

The major reason is what I already commented: "libraries with resources
that wire beads through CSS should not be obligated to be linked in any
application. That should be something to be choose by Application
developers" (despite existing bugs will be fixed)

> > or do you like more TextPromptBead than TextPrompt?
>

> I actually prefer dropping the word Bead, although I think consistency is
> important.

Well, consistency should come in 1.0. Is very normal in software to make a
final adjustment before 1.0.
Then we'll need to have a huge point to change something.
But If we'll propose a poll I think we should find that 1) very few users
will respond to the poll, since we are still very few, and 2) most user
will not have problems with this cause of 1) and cause in most cases they
are testing some things in royale at the moment, and 3) I'm pretty sure
that they will understand that we are in 0.9x version and is what they can
expect right now.

> FWIW, I’ve done a few beads where the component name is different than the
> class name. One example is <js:ApplicationParameters> where the class name
> is org.apache.royale.html.beads.ApplicationParametersBead.
>
> I don’t know if this a good idea but it’s what I did… ;-)

I think that is legit, but I think you should have in mind that people can
be confused about different names one for mxml and one in code...

Thanks