Next step is to carry out a vote on the gene...@incubator.apache.org list.

This may seem like unnecessary bureaucracy; for which I apologize. The reason
is that only a PMC (in this case the Incubator PMC, IPMC) may release code on
behalf of the ASF.

Practically speaking, the release will receive due diligence by experts in the
IPMC. It’s likely that they will find problems, and if so, we may need another
RC, and two votes, to resolve them. Please be patient, because this is the
learning process.

Riley, Glad to see that you have sent a RESULT email already. Please start a
vote thread on general@, referencing the thread on dev@. Good luck!

Can you also log cases for the issues I noted during the vote. The IPMC tends
to be lenient for the first release, especially if the podling is learning and
improving.

Julian