thanks felix,
i think we go the same way here - maybe it was not so clear from my wording :-)
all i'm saying is: sling uses a JSON like format to present a resource
tree which can cause problems for JSON/ECMA compliant clients that
don't implement stable child object ordering. as mentioned by [3] this
is very unfortunate that ECMA script engines don't do that.
such clients currently can't re-use the existing JSON->Object decoder
and need to implement it themselves.

> Maybe we could just use a regular "illegal" property name like
> ":child-node-order" or ":sling:child-node-order" instead of a single character
sling is all about resources - not nodes, right :-) so i'd rather go for:

":child-resource-names" or a shorter ":child-names"

regards, toby

[3] http://old.nabble.com/iteration-order-for-Object-td31120998.html