Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 07.04.2011, 20:46 +0100 schrieb Eric Norman:
> Yes, but if order is important it seems more correct to send an array.  And
> adding a psuedo 'order' property isn't backward compatible either.

I see, but ...

As has been said, the current JSON export has the nice "side-effect" of
being an exact view on the Sling Resource Tree (the repository mostly,
but not exclusively). I think this is one of the value propositions of
our JSON export.

So, I would like to keep this.

Adding a new property ":order" (remark the leading colon) on request, we
can provide the ordering information in a special property which
should/cannot be mistaken for a regular property (because the leading
colon would be an illegale JCR name).

Also, the ":order" would only be sent on-request.

So, I think we are backwards compatible and the workaround IMHO is
acceptable.

Regards
Felix