On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Peter Hunsberger
<peter.hunsber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Basically, having each function run in Docker containers that can be
> instantiated as needed.  Our needs are likely way different than what
> you're aiming at, but to the extent you can meet them you may end up with a
> pretty flexible solution?...

One of my way-too-far-on-this-todo-list-ideas is to try and run
multiple specialized Sling instances along the lines that you mention,
collaborating via a (JMS or other) message bus. With the provisioning
model and a crankstart-style launcher it's easy to create specialized
Sling instances, and async servlets should allow for sharing the load
via a message bus. Ok, there's a bit of "in theory" in all that ;-)

I won't have much time to work on this in the near future but if you
guys are game for that I'd be happy to collaborate on the design and
testing of such a thing.

-Bertrand