Hi Daniel,

We had no native English speaker in the room when we came up with
“experimental”. However, I think it denotes exactly the status of a module that
was contributed to Sling but was never made a part of the core. I wouldn’t
necessarily call a contrib module unmaintained, however its usage was not
necessarily vetted by the majority of the Sling committers.

Bleeding edge modules should still be part of the Whiteboard until they
stabilise. The more I write about this, the more I’m tempted to say that we
should maybe categorise our modules into “stable” (core), “beta” (contrib),
“alpha” (whiteboard).

What do the others think?

Cheers,
Radu