+1 for defining what the different words mean. I think that's one of the
problems in this thread is that different words mean different things to
different people.

One of the words I need clarification on is "supported"

>From my understanding so far, supported means a commitment made by the PMC as
>a whole to a bundle. So a bundle could be regularly updated, and patched, by
>committers including the PMC but not "Supported" because it is not something
>that the PMC as a whole has committed too.  Is that right?

I'll throw "community" and/or "community supported" into the ring for
consideration as well. For those bundles that aren't supported.

- Jason