Hi all,

We've come a long way since I last looked at the Roadmap WIKI page at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/Roadmap

We have setup the Solr TLP, released a few new versions and landed some of the
major features for 9.0

Now is probably a good time to do some forward-thinking, preparing what
features need to land in 8.9 to make a smooth upgrade path for 9.0, and what
the 9.0 blockers are.
I've updated the Roadmap page by removing outdated content. Feel free to edit
it, perhaps remove stuff that is irrelevant or will not be done.

Let's start 8.9 and 9.0 visionary release planning in this mail thread.

Some of my questions are
* Will 9.0 have a working, tested alternative to Autoscaling API? Or are we
missing some pieces that should be 9.0 blockers?
* Will we deprecate v1 APIs? When? I see some v2 work done lately...
* Will 9.0 ship with some 1st party plugins or will we still ship all contribs?
* What will be the main selling point for the Solr 9.0 release? Other than
"runs Lucene 9"?
* etc

Jan