Absent anything else, I want us to stop breaking whenever Lucene makes
an incompatible change reflected in a snapshot. Pinning to a 9.0
release of theirs would give us that. Everything else is gravy.

9.0 will be built with Gradle, built after the split, there's already
a lot going into it. The way that we get more "selling points" into it
(if we need them), is to stop releasing 8.x releases.