I think for a lot of us the rapid release cycle of other projects is
surprising coming from our ASF context. Here a release takes three votes
and at least three days and comparatively quite a bit of process. For some
other project, a release involves as little as clicking a button to make a
github tag and then everything else flows from there. So for those
projects, a single PR or patch can be enough to precipitate a release,
while we batch hundreds of PRs before our next release.

This is not to say one way or the other is better, but to highlight the
difference in mental models and processes between our project and others.
So even though we release roughly quarterly, it is not fair (although
highly tempting) to expect that our dependencies also update on a similar
cadence.

Mike