On 3/17/2024 13:01, Shawn Heisey wrote:
I like there to be a single character option and a kebab-case option. So -z and --zk-host.  Long options like find uses, such as -name, can be OK, but if you're going for standardization, I would just stick with the first two.

In cases where there might be a conflict for the single-character option, I would opt to use the single character option for the one that is likely to be more commonly used. For others, I would choose another single character that makes some kind of sense, or in some cases, simply opt to not have a single character option.