I think there are maybe two separate things we're talking about?

1. Design discussions and in-progress design docs.

My two cents are that JIRA is the best place for this.  It allows tracking
the progression of a design across multiple PRs and contributors.  A piece
of useful feedback that I've gotten in the past is to make design docs
immutable.  When updating them in response to feedback, post a new version
rather than editing the existing one.  This enables tracking the history of
a design and makes it possible to read comments about previous designs in
context.  Otherwise it's really difficult to understand why particular
approaches were chosen or abandoned.

2. Completed design docs for features that we've implemented.

Perhaps less essential to project progress, but it would be really lovely
to have a central repository to all the projects design doc.  If anyone
wants to step up to maintain it, it would be cool to have a wiki page with
links to all the final design docs posted on JIRA.

-Sandy

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Punyashloka Biswal <punya.bis...@gmail.com