> Currently, I have heard some ideas or attitudes that I consider to be
overly motivated by fear of unlikely occurrences.
> And I've heard some statements disregard widely accepted principles of
inclusiveness at the Apache Software Foundation.
> But I suspect that there's more to the attitude of not including
non-coding committers at Spark.

I missed some contexts you mentioned. Yes, SVN and commons look good
examples.
Also, for clarification, I did not mean to absolutely do not add
non-codding committers.
Spark already has build/config committer and I am happy with that.

I was replaying to "the risk is very small". Given my experience in Spark
dev, people (and I) make mistakes
which, for instance, blocks the release months. Sometimes it requires to
rewrite whole PRs with courtesy
(rather than, for instance, reverting). This is already happening and it
brings some overhead to the dev.
Yes, maybe the volume matters to handle those issues.

The point I was trying to make was commit bit could be a too strong sword
and might have to be
given and used with familiarity and caution.

For clarification, I have no issue except one concern above for the fact
that someone becomes a non-code committer since Spark already has it.

2019년 8월 7일 (수) 오후 6:04, Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>님이 작성: