On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> wrote:
>> You can tell there's a range of opinions here. I'm probably less
>> 'conservative' about adding committers than most on the PMC, right or
>> wrong, but more conservative than some at the ASF. I think there's
>> room to inch towards the middle ground here and this is good
>> discussion informing the thinking.
>

> That's not actually my current reading of the Spark community.  My current
> reading based on the responses of Hyukjin, and Jungtaek, is that your
> community wouldn't take a non-coding committer no matter how clear their
> contributions are to the community, and that by extension such a person could
> never become a PMC member.
>
> If my reading is correct (and the sample size *is* still quite small, and
> only includes one PMC member), I see that as a serious problem.

Again if "non-code" means "no interaction with the project repo", no I
do not hear support for making said person a committer for all the
reasons you've heard here. I don't support it.

Wait, didn't we just get done agreeing that's a reasonable position if
not one you hold? I'm quite confused.
It's fine to invite the board, members to come participate here as you
have just done separately, but you're now portraying this as a serious
offense, despite your comments here?