Er, yeah uh oh. Did the staging repo accidentally get closed/released?
Maybe I'm also missing something.
If so then one way or the other we can't undo that as the 3.1.0 release in
Maven, as far as I know. We can make a 3.1.1, but then it's kind of weird
there was never any 3.1.0 source release.

We may well decide that, well, that 3.1.0 release was fine enough actually,
that the blockers aren't actually that blocking. And the two mentioned so
far don't sound so much like blockers.
- If the Kafka problem happened in 3.0, then it isn't a regression from 3.0
to 3.1, technically
- If CRAN wasn't working in 3.0.1, that's not a regression

Naturally, of course, we may wish to fix those fast. And, we can create a
3.1.1 release fast if desired. But if that's the extent of it - no serious
regressions - we might decide to just go ahead with this RC as the 3.1.0
release and move on to 3.1.1 quickly. At the least, again, would be weird
to have no 3.1.0 actual release on the ASF if we can't undo this.

FWIW the release looks OK to me as is, +1. I don't think the above are
blockers.