OK, we'll have to update the release page to clarify there was never a real
3.1.0 release then.

But I'm not suggesting releasing 3.1.0 _because_ it was published
accidentally.
I'm suggesting we figure out normally whether we would have released it,
and if so, great. If not, fine we must skip the version.