Hi All,

For the composite cartridge subscription[1], in the case of the cartridge
instance is terminated and new instance create  scenario, we need to share
the new meta data with the dependencies cartridge.We will thinking of using
the governance registry(G-Reg) with rest API for the meta data storing
purposes and expose the rest API for access those meta data.

As a real example.

If there are two cartridges for Apache tomcat and MySQL in one application
subscription.Once those cartridge initiates relevant cartridge agents will
add their meta data to the G-Reg. Apache cartridge agent will update the
MySQL metadata with the rest API call.Think of the scenario which MySQL
cartridge is failure and it is initiated with the new instance(with new
server ip, username , password) ,we will update the G-reg with the related
MySQL meta data.So these new instances data should be replicated in the
tomcat instance.

AFAIK currently cartridge agent will listening to the complete topology and
 from this cartridge agent can filter the new instance initiate event of
the dependence cartridge and get the relevant meta data from the G-Reg and
update the configurations accordingly.

Any thoughts of this?

[1]. [Discuss] Grouping of services (cartridges)

Thanks,
Gayan

--

Gayan Gunarathne