Hi,

- metadata should be independent from topology. Otherwise one has to tamper
topology to introduce application specific metadata. (if we go in that
path, we dont need metadata service at all i guess) - so udaras' idea might
not work.
- we need a rest api - > means packaging type would be a webapp.
- how you store your data  depends. (registry or your own thing)
- webapp can listen to topology to keep track of terminated members or else
some other component can (CC) can feed that info in.
- i like the idea of webapp listening to topology. Then the only operations
would be data push/pull with given compoiste app id.

thanks,
--Pradeep

--
Pradeep Fernando.