>> Throw in several jars each with several versions each, and a user
>> wanting to upgrade just enough to get one specific feature, but not to
>> all the newest jars, and you can understand where the confusion can
>> come from.

Agreed. How does anyone feel about this philosophy, which I see
can solve this problem: On any GA release of a subproject, the version
number of Struts is incremented, and all the jars are upgraded to the
next version number? The biggest benefit is that a struts-1.3.5.zip would
contain all jars labeled 1.3.5. Granted, most of these subproject upgrades
would be benign because nothing would change, but there will never be
confusion about the versioning.

Paul