As a first follow up, happy new year to everyone.

As Pat mentioned, the infrastructure at OpenSymphony does not have the
rules and bounds Apache has.
I have no problem to release milestones, dot releases or the like, but I
want to achieve that certain issues are fixed and targets were reached for
a release.
The only point currently holding up a final xwork 2.0 release is related
to documentation tasks.

I am willing and spending lots of my free time on Struts 2, XWork and
(still) WebWork 2.2.X. to bring this projects to high quality products as
lots of the other developers are doing, but I need more feedback to get
more of the envolved developers in. There are some open issues in Jira
where I call for feedback, but did not get any input.
I had very good discussions with Ian, Phil and Rene at JavaPolis about
open issues, tasks and todos, but it takes lots of time to tackle all of
them...

Also lots of Teds and others suggestions sound reasonable to me, but I
need more help on the xwork side. Currently only Don and Toby help me out
there. Ted, if you want karma, Pat or I can set you up there. Bringing
over xwork to Apache is only one possibility, but I am not sure if the
time for this step has come yet.

XWork is not stealth, nor dead at all... XWork has coupled infrastructure
with webwork and shares its mailing list, forums and so forth.
If you really are in the need of a separated infrastructure we (at
OpenSymphony) all are open for suggestions and critics.

I think, that we first need to get out a GA release of Struts 2, and I
like to follow up on Dons suggestions to fix the currently open issues for
2.0.X instead of branching for 2.1.X series.

Thoughts?
Rainer

PS: Sorry my poor english for now, just came back from a new years eve party!