The place to start is by following the tips on the How to Help page.

* http://struts.apache.org/helping.html

The key tip is to submit patches, and to nudge the committers to apply
them. Of course, we're in something of a standoff now, since we're
short on people to apply the patches that would indicate to us who to
nominate as committer :(

The next best thing to try other people's patches, and let us know
whether the patch is mechanically sound. If the patch is a new feature
or an API extension, then also mention whether you believe the patch
is a step in the right direction. When committers do have time to
volunteer, it really (really, really, really) helps to know that
someone else has tried the patch and found it joyful.

I am ready to help.
But i have no knowledge about how to do it.
If you instruct me how to do , I am more than happy to help.
Thanks