2011/11/29 Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> here is a new draft:
> http://code.grobmeier.de/struts-draft-v3/

Looks nice :-)

> * Lukasz mentioned the content is fixed size. This is now fixed (fluid)
> :-). We run again into the doxia problems, but i have worked around them.

Is it possible to have a top limit ? eg. 1024px ? ;-)

> * Lukasz mentioned the heading are not good at all (the same as the first
> sentence of the following paragraph)

Can be easily improved, but it can stay as is now

> * Next links on the bottom: i think they are pretty useless. After the
> frontpage the next link is showing the "downloads". It should lead through
> a tutorial, not the standard menu of the page. And it stops on the
> Kickstart FAQ. I highly doubt the sense of this link and would like to
> remove them for sake of minimalism, but of course it is up to you. I have
> left it in until this is discussed. I can live with discussing them after
> the first patch

+1

> * Text. It is way to much text on the front page. On the frontpage should
> be less txt, pointing you to the detail pages. Frontpage is to guide you
> through the site. Imho this is not the case. The current information should
> go into another page, the front page should only contain a teaser and a
> link to this section

Maybe just reduce the lines of the text and the rest move to separate pages

> * Search: yes or no? I would not use it anyway because I don't like that
> google styled search. Martin expressed similar. How do others think?

I never used it, so +1

> * Remove announcements page? This page is not cared very well. Of course
> this is no styling issue, but while we are at it, we could remove it. The
> other chance is to care about the page.

What you mean by that ? Each time a new release is promoted we put
info to the announcements page, IMHO it should stay as is, it shows
clearly what's happened

> * Release notes cannot be found easily. Martin said it is in the first
> section, but I actually mean this page:
> http://struts.apache.org/downloads.html I could not find the release notes
> of prior releases easily. There is this changes maven plugin which
> generates a simple page of changes:
> http://logging.apache.org/log4php/changes-report.html
> I found it pretty hard to check what changed in which version (and what
> probably broke in which version)

Disagree, you can select given version which leads you to download
section and there you have a link to release notes, which are
something more than just list of fixed issues

http://struts.apache.org/2.2.3.1/docs/version-notes-2231.html

> Most of the "discuss" items can be discussed later. I think i have started
> to many things with the fluido update. Now I have left most as it was
> before, with a few exceptions. If you agree to v3, I can look through the
> other pages if there needs to be something done and create a patch.
> After the patch we can discuss the other items, if you like.

+1

Kind regards
--
Łukasz