Thanks for reviewing!

Den tis 29 juni 2021 kl 17:16 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com
>:

> On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 5:28 PM Daniel Sahlberg
> <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Den sön 27 juni 2021 kl 18:54 skrev Nathan Hartman <
> hartman.nat...@gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Thanks! Improving the website (especially mobile friendliness) is one
> >> of the many things that has been on my ever-growing TODO list for a
> >> long while
> >

> > I know the feeling!
> >

> >> [...] if you'd like help, just say the word.
> >

> > Yes, please. You can start by reviewing r1891073.
>
> Done! See other thread... (Going over the other revisions too...)

Replies to your review in the other thread!

> > I see you already did some work with site manifest etc, - the changes in
> TEMPLATE should probably be added in all the HTML files as well. Except,
> possibly, some IE specific things (x-ua-compatible, browserconfig.xml).
>
> Yes; also I did a little bit of graphics work with the various logo
> and icon files; mostly to rasterize the original vector artwork (in
> SVG format IIRC?) to various resolutions and formats expected by
> various browsers and smartphones, though I seem to recall that I had
> to do a little massaging of the vector formats for some reason. The
> one where I got "creative" was tile-wide.png; we didn't have a
> wide-format file so I made that as a placeholder. I wasn't very happy
> with it at the time but I just looked at it again and now I think it
> actually looks cool. Let me know what you think...

Not a graphics designer ;-) but I try to keep graphics elements separate
(ie, the square separate without any other elements intruding its space).
We have already, slightly, change the original logo by moving the text
SUBVERSION from within the square to outside of the square and adding some
blue bars above/below so I don't know how strict we should be with this
"rule".

As far as I can find this wide logo is used only in browserconfig.xml,
which in turn is only used for Internet Explorer and possibly Edge Legacy.
As these are both EOL, maybe the discussion is moot and we can remove
browserconfig.xml, tile.png and tile-wide.png?