On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 4:22 PM Daniel Sahlberg
<daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I merged the staging-ng branch to staging yesterday evening but forgot to
> notify dev@. Please check https://subversion-staging.apache.org/ and report
> any issues.

It's a big improvement for readability on mobile!

One slight issue: It seems the viewport is set just *slightly* too
wide, at least on my device. This causes a little bit of unwanted
left/right scroll.

In landscape orientation it is barely discernible (but it's there).

In portrait orientation, a few pixels are cut off the right edge (but
can be scrolled horizontally into view).

How many pixels? I think 8. I think it's caused by style/site.css,
where "#site-banner" has a padding of 8px. (Though there may be other
paddings that contribute.)

Why I think so: At the top of the page, the ASF banner, which appears
above the Subversion banner, seems to have the final N cut off from
the word "FOUNDATION" so that it appears to read "FOUNDATIO" until the
screen is scrolled slightly sideways. At first I thought it was caused
by the banner being too wide. But then I noticed that the viewport is
a little too wide in landscape orientation too, even though the banner
is narrower than the viewport in that orientation. Then I noticed that
the little gray gradient under the banners seems to have this extra
white padding on its right edge (so the blue "border-top" of
#site-content, and beneath it, the green "border-top" of #site-nav,
are wider than the #site-banner gradient) and that seems to be the
exact amount of unwanted scroll.

I can see it on my computer using Firefox once the window is made
narrow enough to switch to hamburger view.

(Still, it is a big improvement over publish, where making the
viewport narrow causes the banners to get totally messed up.)

Cheers,
Nathan