Like Christian, I'm +0 to this idea. In other words, I think it's probably
a good idea, but don't have strong feelings either way ;-)

The main advantage that I can see to doing this is that it may make core
development a bit easier, by not having to run the integration tests all
the time (incidentally: is there an easy way to skip the integration
tests?). Francesco, do you have any specific objections to this proposal,
or is it just that you are not convinced of the arguments in favour?

IMO it's not worth the hassle in arguing over this minor issue. If the
"pro" argument I mentioned above is not agreed by everyone, then I propose
we -1 this proposal and move on.

Colm.