From: cschneider...@gmail.com [cschneider...@gmail.com] on behalf of Christian
Schneider [ch...@die-schneider.net]
Sent: 22 July 2013 13:30
To: dev@syncope.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Replace logback with log4j 2

+1 For switching to log4j.
I would also keep the slf4j layer. This minimizes direct dependencies on
the log framework and also works great in OSGi.

Christian

2013/7/22 Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>

> Hi all,
> I have recently read a stunning post from Christian Grobmeier [1] and I
> was thinking why not to switch the trunk (1.2.0) from logback to log4j 2
> (with new AsyncLoggers, of course!).
> I was also thinking to keep the SLF4J layer, so that code changes would be
> minimal.
>
> Besides performance benefit, we will also increase our non-ASF dependency
> level.
>
> WDYT?
>
> [1] http://www.grobmeier.de/log4j-**2-performance-close-to-insane-**
> 20072013.html#.Ue0KLRe9hyc<http://www.grobmeier.de/log4j-2-performance-close-to-insane-20072013.html#.Ue0KLRe9hyc>
>
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> ASF Member, Apache Syncope PMC chair, Apache Cocoon PMC Member
> http://people.apache.org/~**ilgrosso/<http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/>

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.liquid-reality.de>

Open Source Architect