Hi guys,

8.5 just being almost a N-1 spec version of tomcat 9 I think they should
stay aligned as much as possible. Also note that fixing it in 8.5 will just
delay the issue for 9.x. I'm not sure I see the blocking point to add a
configuration for that (agree it is not spec compliant but it is a nice
feature for broken clients which are widely spread in some languages) but
please keep 8.5 and 9 aligned since migrations are expected (and are)
smooth for now.

Romain Manni-Bucau