Remy Maucherat wrote:
On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 22:43 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
   +1 : remm, markt
-  -1 : fhanik - I tried this patch, and it doesn't work, it hangs. I also saw
the bug report, informing about further issues that are still valid
+  +1 : fhanik - I don't think we should support mark/reset, we can supply a
filter that does it at the app level by wrapping getReader with a reader that
bufferes

That's used by that stupid readLine feature, I didn't add it to have
fun :(
sure doesn't sound like fun :)
but given what a complicated impl that would end up being, I'd remove the support for it all together and have a Filter that does it with extreme simplicity just configured in the global web.xml file.
the benefits are many
1. we don't need to have that kind of code support in our buffers, since it proves to be very complicated
2. users still get the support if wanted (one can of course turn it off)
3. the actual implementation of mark,reset and readLine becomes very easy

any thoughts on taking that approach?

Filip