Sophie wrote:

>> Whether help content must be part of a feature CWS or
>> not should be seen in the general context of how we want to localize it.
>
> Not only, sometimes changes are not documented because the corresponding
>   CWS has not been mark help relevant, having an issue in the CWS tasks
> list would help to make sure (or at least give a chance that) it will be
> documented in the same release the CWS is integrated.

Ah, that was what you where pointing at! Yes, good point.

> We have already talk about improving the process on the l10n list and at
> the last OOoCon also. See the thread here :
> http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=10607
> As said, I'm not technical enough to know what would be the best tools
> and process, but I'm used to SCM and I can understand the benefits we
> can gain here. So what you described above using Mercurial is a kind of
> dream I'm sure all l10n teams would like to see happen :)
>
> It may be not relevant for the discussion here, but we have had to fight
> against integration issues, formatting issues, development issues,
> etc... I've spent hours translating strings that were not integrated or
> seen changes finally reverted.
> So for me it's not only a localization process issue but a better
> coordination/communication between the development process and the
> localization process.

I have just outlined a "skeleton" of what I could imagine as (dream of?)
a localization process. The nasty details will be interesting to
discuss. I think that the less steps we have between the files that we
are using for a localized build, and what a localization developer
actually uses to provide his work, the better will be the result. But I
agree with Jörg, this will take time and if smaller improvements can be
done before, we should be glad to get them.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".