Helge Delfs - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/23/09 08:29, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Really, this part of the work is superfluous. IMHO tests that are known
>> to be broken in a particular milestone should be skipped in a CWS based
>> on it also. So if you get a "red" state, you know that something is
>> wrong without the necessity to browse through Quaste. I hope that this
>> will be changed, but I don't know what the Sun QA engineers working on
>> the autotests are planning. The testing procedures themselves are not
>> part of our effort to improve the build environment, so I can only guess.
>
> One should use here a more granular argumentation. If a test has a red
> state it must'nt have the same cause that leads to this. There might be
> another reason for this.

I maintain my point that the price we have to pay for this tiny little
piece of information in the rare cases where we really have an
additional reason for the failure is too high. This is looking for
perfection in the wrong area.

> QUASTe has an overview page it's called 'Analyze errors' that only lists
>  the differences between testresults on MWS and CWS with the same
> milestone. So it is fast and easy to get an overview and compare
> testresults.
> This page can be reached by choosing a platform and page 'Testresults
> grouped by application' has a button 'Analyze errors'.

I know that finally you can find out if an error is "real" or not, but
that's not the point. It shouldn't be necessary. And I wouldn't call
that "fast and easy".

But as this does not touch the build environment and nobody asked to
change something (it was just my private opinion), we can leave that for
now. Let's agree to disagree.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".