> It seems you have a very specific set of goals with this proposal rather than
> a general practice here, and possibly a very limited duration for this
> proposal

I would still love to see this implemented as a general practice (new
API versions being considered unstable until officially stabilized),
but I'm willing to concede that we just try it out for a release cycle
(specifically for the 3 breaking changes we have planned) before
having a retrospective to determine if it was a successful practice or
not and whether or not we should continue with it. Even if we choose
not to continue the practice, we'll still have saved ourselves from
the pain of having yet another major TO API version.

- Rawlin