The checklist is looking good until now. I think that if we want to enforce
a consistent feel over the samples we should agree on build tool,
dependencies and launcher before considering the checklist final.

I would say let's stick with Maven for now, Apache Ant adds complexity and
requires time to find an elegant way of writing a script which we don't
afford now.

As for how dependencies are declared, you've got much more experience with
Tuscany to weight the pros and cons for each approach but I think we should
use the one we consider best practice and present that to the user. For me
base+extensions seems to be the way to go as it looks more loosely coupled
and there's been the big effort of adding that in Beta1.

Regarding the launcher, I have already expressed my opinion a couple of
times but haven't seen any comments so I guess we're fine with the shell?

Florian