Please review WICKET-670 [1] and give your input.  The idea is basically
that we want to be able to use the inspector bug and associated
development-time utilities in our applications.  Currently, the inspector
bug is built into wicket-examples, which builds as a war, which makes it
difficult to include in your app.  We just added the @StatelessComponent
annotation and associated checker to wicket-core which is meant for
development time error catching.

I'm proposing that we:

   - Create subpackage wicket-devutils (by subpackage, I mean a maven
   submodule, etc, similar to wicket-extensions - lives as a folder in the
   wicket core tree)
   - In it, put the inspector page(s), inspector bug and related utilties as
   well as the new @StatelessComponent
   - Add to it a common place that all such dev utilities get their on/off
   switch (which will read from application's debug settings, perhaps)
   - Enable it in dev by default, off in prod by default, but have a way
   that it can be enabled in production (by setting the value in debug
   settings)
   - As Jon suggested - the pages will throw an exception if they are
   accessed and are disabled at the time.

Thoughts?  I'd like to get this done in the 1.4 release so that it's
available to all those who pick up Wicket in the next year while we're
working on 1.5.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-670

--
Jeremy Thomerson