Yes - I agree.  I think that would be the next step.  I've been doing some
work on a PHP site lately - which at first I thought I was going to hate.
But everyone at that company only knew PHP - so I chose to go with Symfony
[1] - and I've enjoyed it. Anyway, the point is - they have a great floating
toolbar at the top right of the screen in development mode that gives you
each query that was run, logging output for that request, timing for
different cycles of the request, etc.  It's great.

I'd love to build something like it that would allow you to register various
contributors to add different details to the debug bar.

But I think that the proposal below is sort of the first step towards that.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com