On Jun 2, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Rainer Keller wrote:

> Rainer -- is it safe for Ralph to move the arch.c stuff back up into
> OMPI, or will that conflict with your stuff?
Yes, we use it.
Please leave it at the OPAL layer. We need a way to describe and store the
remote architecture at the OPAL layer.

Question about the fortran stuff in opal/util/arch.c...

I see the following comment:

** The fortran integer is dismissed here, since there is no
** platform known to me, were fortran and C-integer do not match

You can tell the intel compiler (and maybe others?) to compile fortran with double-sized integers and reals. Are we disregarding this? I.e., does this make this portion of the datatype heterogeneity detection incorrect?