I am saddened to announce that Shiqing will be leaving the Open MPI community
at the end of this month.  He's moving on to other projects that do not involve
Open MPI.  Shiqing has single-handedly been supporting Open MPI on Windows for
quite some time, and he's been doing a fantastic job of it.  Thanks for all the
work, Shiqing!

For the v1.6 series, even if we don't get a Windows-support-guy replacement for
Shiqing, I think we'll be ok -- it's just bug fixes, and they're getting
smaller.  So I'm guessing/hoping that we won't break Windows support.  If
someone can volunteer to make Windows binaries (Damien?) for subsequent v1.6.x
releases, I think we should be in good shape.

For the v1.7 series, I think we've got a larger problem.  There's a bunch of
things that are currently broken for Windows on the SVN trunk and v1.7 branch
(e.g., the Win Verbs BTL, the new Fortran stuff, etc.).

*** Are there any volunteers to pick up Windows support for v1.7 and/or beyond?

For corporate legal information go to: