El Wednesday 09 July 2014, Iosif Hamlatzis escribió:
> I had seen the supported environments but as I cannot afford to buy a new
> PC just to run Windows 7 just to be able to develop for SailfishOS a mobile
> environment with no market share I just ignored it. There are no words to
> express my disappointment though.

I understand your situation. I've been a Linux user since too long to rember,
and it's not comfortable when your OS or software stack is not properly
working well with others.

I hope you understand too, thath for any company without a huge amount of
resources, adding support for Windows XP right now, unless is easy, is an
ineffective use of resources. Its market share isn't insignificant, but is
lower
amongst developers (who tend to like having latest versions of applications),
and is not even officially supported in the standard way by Microsoft.

> In my current setup I easily develop and debug on both emulator and device
> for webOS (native c/c++), BadaOS and TizenOS, BlackBerry (both PlayBook and
> BB10).

Some of them probably started a bit before, and had to consider XP more
seriously because at that time the support and the market share was good. But
yeah, it's quite disturbing seeing others having the level of support you
need.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2