Hi,
I'm not in favor of keeping the prefix. Three reasons:

1. https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/2731#discussion_r27350056
2. I'm really looking forward to the day when I don't need to prepend the
ng_ prefix anymore
3. "Angie" sounds to me like a political statement ;-)

In all seriousness: I think Ludwigs proposal is better.

Cheers,
Martine