Hi,

On 05/03/15 13:04, Martine Lenders wrote:
>> In all seriousness: I think Ludwigs proposal is better.
>
> In other words: the new stack will be the default one, while smaller
> implementations can be called `tiny_`, `micro_` or whatever. The proposed
> architecture, that other implementations can use `ipv6/hdr.h`,
> `ipv6/addr.h` or similar is mostly in place already.

IMHO we should put implicit headers, like an ipv6 network header .h,
into net/something. Everything stack related should go somewhere else,
like "net/tiny/*" or even "net/angie/*".

The idea is that if someone uses another stack, he should be able to
remove e.g., the "tiny" folder in order to check for unintended
dependencies.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have this default stack, I just have
the feeling that we should make sure that we don't re-implement the
wheel multiple times, and clear but independend stuff (like header
definitions, address parsing) should end up in "common" directories.

I'm afraid that having an un-seperated default network stack leads to
confusion.

Is it that much of a hassle to name the default stack and move the
specific includes & implementations into subfolders?

Kaspar