Hi,

On 05/03/15 14:52, Martine Lenders wrote:
>> Perfect. Still, what do we refer to when talking about "this new tack"?
>> "the default stack"?
>
> Yes.
The problem here is that the interfaces someone uses will imply the
implementation.

For example, if someone includes "net/udp.h", after dropping the "ng_"
prefix, you get the "default stack" udp include file.

IMHO that file should include a stack agnostic interface whose
implementation is selected by e.g., USEMODULE.

Same for all other developer-accessible protocols.

I'm happy with having a default network stack. I'm not happy if that
stack's specific interface ends up as de-facto standard interface,
making switching stacks practically impossible.

Kaspar