Hi All,

I've been sitting here quietly watching the posting over the past
couple of days. And no I'm ready to put in my $0.02 worth.

I choose to do a clean install rather than an upgrade from 4.1b2.

The hardware is as follows
Dell PowerEdge 2400 with Dual PIII 667 processors, 256MB RAM, Dell
PERC 2/Si SCSI RAID controller with a 25GB RAID 1 container.

The install started and finished without a hitch.
Ran through the configuation with no gliches.

I had the same problem (not really a problem, more of an issue) as
everyone else with trying to telnet in as root. But, seeing as how I
write the Security Watch column for "Maximum Linux", I tend to agree
with Gordon and the other e-smith developers, that forcing
administrators to use SSH to remote login as root is a good thing.
That said, why don't you do the same with "admin" after all root and
admin use the same password.

I setup my 4.1b3 box to accept mail for any of the other servers on
my local network and then relay internally to them. I did this by
editing the smtpd_check_rules template. (Peter, I did this instead of
using the delegate mail server option on the web interface, because I
needed local delivery too) And was very surprised at how easy it was
to figure out. I take back all the nasty things I said about
switching to obtuse-smtp. (OH wait, those comments were only muttered
under my breath ;-)  )
The only reason I mention this is because I got lazy and rebooted
after editing the template to make it take effect, but it didn't. I
had to force a consol-save signal-event for the changes to take
effect.  Is this a bug? With 4.0.1 I was under the impression that
rebooting forced all templates to be run.

Other than that, 4.1b3 is wonderful!!  Keep up the great work!!

I am now going to put the server through it's paces.

Later
Dean

Dean Staff
Protus IP Solutions