On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Gordon Rowell wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:41:25AM +0200, Brandon Friedman
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [...]
>
> > If I plan to run one of these applications on a local network only and give
> > only local users access (and a password on my i-bay) will this be secure
> > enough?
> > [...]
>
> It is impossible to answer security questions without looking at the whole
> picture - where the software resides, what privileges it has, who has access,
> what can happen if a hole is found, etc.

It's also impossible for us to say whether something is "secure enough".
We could tell you how secure it (probably) is, it is up to you and/or your
client to decide if that is secure enough.

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada