POP3 does not require messages to be deleted. The POP3 protocol has the
ability to delete messages, but it is not mandatory. Most clients default to
deleting messages, but have an option to leave messages on the server (ie,
do not delete.) If this option is used, it may be possible for IMAP and POP3
to co-exist. I say may because I've not tried it. Mostly I wanted to point
out that "delete messages from server" is not a _requirement_ of POP3.

> > When I delete the IMAP mails, it appears crossed on my PC,
> and it is still
> > there next time I start Outlook Express, even I have set
> the delete mail
> > option. Is this correct behaviour?
>
> Don't know how it works with OE.

OE will cross off the messages. You can use the view options to hide them.
To actually delete them, you have to purge the folder. Been a while since
I've used OE with IMAP, but try right-clicking the folder or the parent -- I
believe one of those context menus provides a purge option.

> > When IMAP actually delete the emails at the server?
>
> Most IMAP clients deal with two states of deletion. First, we
> you click
> "delete" or whatever in your client, the message is marked as deleted.
> It remains there until "expunged" from the IMAP server.  I
> don't know how
> OE handles this.

See above.

> > When I synchronises IMAP folders, first only headers
> appears, not until I
> > click on the emails, the actual content is downloaded. So,
> I can't just do a
> > sync, and offline, can I?
>
> Depends on your IMAP client.  You should be able to... it's
> something with OE.

IIRC, there is also an option that controls this. Check the folder
properties, or perhaps the account setup.

hth

Scott