On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Dan York wrote:

> The only difference I can see between what I tried now and what I
> did before was that in that prior time I compiled the pcmcia-cs
> drivers from source (and indeed I recompiled the entire kernel).
> This time, in order to come up with easy instructions, I did it
> all using RPMs.  I have not had the time to try compiling it all
> from source to see if it will work properly.

The PRM is built by "compiling from source". It's how they compile from
source that matters. We might have to fix the RPM if it is broken. I
suspect, however, that the difference is because you are now using later
versions of the package - although I can't think of a good reason for them
to break the documented behaviour.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739