> I think the confusion is based on trying to both firewall and serve? At
>least it is for me. I seem to remember when e-smith recommended that
>firewalling and serving should be done separately, on separate
>equipment. I tend to agree
>with that.

For the large corporate environment, I think your right.  For the small
business owner, this would never fly.  Take my company for example.
There is no way I'd recommend we spend $7k-$10k for a cisco firewall,
then pump more money into a file server.  SME has a PERFECT market
nitch.  It's primed to go head to head with Windows server and in my
opinion it will win.

This like any other development issue can and will be solved.  Problem
is, this community isn't coming together to solve the problem like it has
on others in the past (50% of the posts are complaints about who's
responsible and who isn't, etc.).  This project needs some leadership and
direction (wish I could offer more in this area but I'm still learning
alot of this stuff).  In my opinion, Mitel needs to play a role in this
for it to be ultimately successful.  A good example of this is
implementing Samba 2.2 on SME 5.1.  Wonderful collaborative effort.

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.
1243 West 7th Avenue