Hi Greg,

> Understood and I knew that my post would draw a little flak.  To be
> honest, that's what I intended to some extent.

  Once in a while this is much needed :)

> Now I know a great deal
> more about this project and where Mitel is with the Blade's project. ;-)

  Great !

> Personally, I don't think any development idea is a bad idea.  Where it
> goes beyond the development stage is another issue.  This is really where
> I was coming from with my post.

  We expect to use it in production servers as we are tied to ESGS 4.1.2

> I think one of the hardest things for a
> developer to do (including myself) is to step back and look at the big
> picture.  Developers are problem solvers.  When we run across an
> obstacle, we pull out the heavy equipment and move it.  What's on the
> other side isn't always as important as the obstacle itself.

  Actually, I'm not the developer, I'm the management guy. Juan Jesus is the
real developer (please, give him the credit he likes a little hug once in a
while :)))

  I have a clear understanding of what my clients need or might need in the
future, actually this project was done because we didn't want to need to go
to a client's site to update a system and we don't want to give the access to
shell when the more the know about linux is the penguin :)))

  Most of my future clients will be windows users. They are used to a way of
doing things and that is what we are trying to mimic but with the power /
stability / price of Linux and particulary ESGS.

  So, I don't make JJ code just because he likes to. I try to decide what is
not solved already and if nobody does it, do it ourselves. Actually, for me
was much easier to wait and see what Mitel's guys did, but as this blade
system didn't evolve we had to make at least a basic solution that solved our
needs.

  Actually, we have such a customized system that we cant use any oficial
release or contrib wih a little modification. Thats why we can't use their
system / infraestructure, just to solve our particular needs. This has a side
effect of making a more "independant" system than blades and this might be
desirable for some of the guys in this list.

  As I see it, many people in this list might face similar situations.

> Jaime made several very good points in his reply to my post that didn't
> occur to me -- ESGS 4.x and custom projects are two good examples where
> his project is a very good fit.

  I like my new explanation gave you more info about why this was done.

> Agreed!!  From what I can see of Jamie's work, it looks very
> interesting.

  Please, don't see this as a fork or just to confront / make Mitel mad. We
had a need, and as it seemed other people were going to reach the same stage
we made all this public. Actually we had to discuss for a while if this was a
good idea.

  Regards.

--
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]