Jaime,

This all looks like a very interesting tool. Very cool that you are developing
it!  Just to answer a couple of the questions mentioned:

>       6) We don't know if the blades "code" is closed source.

Blades can be open-source, closed-source, proprietary, whatever. They can be
licensed under the GPL or any other license.  They can be completely free or
there can be a charge for them.

They key is that the blades have been tested and validated by our support
organization to "play nice" with the base server, so that when they are
installed by resellers and others out there, they will not cause any problems
with the server.

>   The question is, why Mitel didn't release it allready? Yes, Darrel came
> with a first steps howo, but why the "official" guys have no done it yet.
> This has gone for too long. I believe is just strane from their part,
> releasing this info soon after SME release would have made inmediatelly
> available a lot of contribs.

Believe me, we wish we could have better documentation out there, too!
We would strongly like to have a whole collection of blades that people
can download... and we *know* that a good number of you all would package
things up as soon as we tell you how to.  We know that.  We want that.

The challenge is just carving out the time to get the docs out. There's
a long story about delays with the document that doesn't really
matter... the net of it is that we are still working on it... and will
get more info out as soon as we can.

In the meantime, Charlie had a previous post that gave some information:

 http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo@lists.e-smith.org/msg06971.html

Essentially, build a contrib RPM, build a wrapper RPM as Charlie mentions,
and drop us a note.  I'll be willing to be a contact for potential blades.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Product Line Manager, SME Server and ServiceLink
Mitel Networks Corporation                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]