On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 08:31:41AM -0000, Darrell May wrote:

> Jaime Nebrera Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Maybe something as simple as renaming the blade, like monitor-blade.rpm
> > to monitor-blade.upd and internally get it back to rpm would be enough
>
> Good point Jaime.  I clearly see your goal and _we_ know this is easy to
> do.  The challenge is getting everyone else to adopt the .upd extension.  I
> do not know if this is possible.  My guess... no :-(

Maybe I missed this discussion when 5.0 came out, but can someone tell me
why rpms had to renamed "Blades"?  It seems like marketing hoo-ha to me.
Is there any new technology in blades or just the new name?

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
wielder of vi(m), an ancient, dangerous and powerful magic